Mackinac Island Fudge
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup whole milk
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
Mix butter, milk, salt and brown and white sugars in a heavy pan on medium heat. Bring to a boil and stir continuously for 6 minutes.
Remove from heat and cool briefly, then add vanilla, cocoa and confectioners sugar. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth and thick.
Pour onto a buttered baking pan. When cool enough to touch, use a spatula to help roll mixture into log form, wrap it in plastic wrap and place in freezer for 20 minutes.
Slice to serve. Enjoy!
Adapted from: 12Tomatoes